West klosterman preserve petition
The following petition is a request for support as the WK Preservation Group seeks to complete its real estate agreement with the Pinellas County School Board to acquire the West Klosterman Preserve and convey it to Pinellas County as a nature preserve in perpetuity.
We request the support of the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners and the CIty of Tarpon Springs to ensure we accomplish this vital project.
West Klosterman Preserve Petition
“Preserving One Small Living Natural Forest Today, Will Add To Creating A Larger Living Forest To Protect Us Tomorrow”
- I support that the 14-acre West Klosterman Preserve should be protected so that it can remain as it is today, and as it has been for over 30 years, a vital extension to the adjacent 76-acre Pinellas County’s Mariner’s Point Management Area, acting as a 90-acre greenway to help reduce our carbon footprint and to protect all wildlife and vegetation.
- I support the WK Preservation Group’s initiatives to work with the Pinellas County School Board, elected officials, and the citizens of Pinellas County to acquire and protect the West Klosterman Preserve.
- I support protecting this irreplaceable natural forest, its wildlife and endangered plant and tree life for future generations.
- I support protecting Native American artifacts existing on the West Klosterman Preserve.
- I support abiding by Pinellas County’s Comprehensive Plan and its Future Land Use Map commitments “To Protect Irreplaceable Public Assets” and “To Purchase Open Space Creating Greenways”.
- I support, based on current evidence of our environmental and climate issues, that the Pinellas County School Board looks to the future and upholds its moral obligations to its students in protecting Pinellas County’s environment from over-development where possible.
- I support limiting density growth in Pinellas County which has the highest population per square mile in the State of Florida, by rejecting the modification of current Zoning Codes from Low Density to a Higher Density, also called “Up-Zoning”.
sign the petition to save the west klosterman preserve:
I support this petition to encourage our elected officials to work with the WK Preservation Group and the citizens and constituents of Pinellas County to preserve this irreplaceable site and to ensure the combined 90-acre area remains a natural site in perpetuity. The West Klosterman Preserve must be protected for its significant ecological, archeological, and educational value to current and future generations.
WK Preservation Group Inc. a Non-profit 501C3, was formed in 2020.